Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Vision of Students Today

Video Clip of A Vision of Students Today by Michael Wesch

The part of the Video Clip that discusses education is very accurate. In most college level courses, teachers do not make it a priority to develop a relationship with their students. I can honestly say there have been classes that I have taken that not only did the professor not know my name, I did not know their's neither. This is a problem to me. The more inpersonal a class is, the more monotonous and irrevelent it becomes. This brings me to a point; how can someone fully learn and apply it if they are simply there to watch the clock and leave.

It was quite enlightning to find out that I am not the only student that would rather check my Myspace and/or Facebook than completing my online school work. The internet is full of distractions. Catchy headers, flashy photos, and a slew of advertisements are to name a few. It makes it near impossible to focus on the task at hand.



I if could add anything to this video clip, it would be the prevelance of texting in the classroom. This would relate to the majority of students. Every class I've attended I have at least witnessed one person recieving or sending a text. The picture below illustrates my notion.

No comments:

Post a Comment