Sunday, August 30, 2009

Podcast





In this weeks blog we were assigned to listen and write about these six different podcasts':

1.ConnectLearning episode90


2. Smartboard Lessons Podcast


3.KidCast


4.EdTechTalk


5. MacBreak Weekly


6. This week in Photography





This was my introduction to Podcast. Like all new things, this process was an adventure. I had some trouble finding the videos, subscribing to them, and then getting them to play but in the end it all worked out and a learned a lot of new things.

I noticed that every podcast was very informative. They each had a specific point that was clearly understood. The EduTechTalk podcast best displayed its point to the listener about how to use google doc's templates.

The Smartboard Lessons Podcast was conducted in a conversationalist style. They used candid talk, music, and jokes to grab the listeners attention. I liked this. It let me become better aware of who the speakers were before they conducted their discussion.


My favorite clip was the Connect Learning episode 90 podcast. It was a discussion about the benefits of podcasting in the education system. Many teachers stated that it would be good to record class debates, lessons, notes, etc. onto the podcast system. One teacher though, thought outside the box and stated that it would be an even better idea to have students interview their teachers, principles, staff, etc. via video podcasting of "vodcasting." KidCast's speaker,Dan Schmit, elaborates on why it is important to get the student involved in video podcasting. He states that when a child participates in video podcasting, he or she will become better aware of their nonverbal communication skills. I believe the is 100% accurate and video podcasting should be used in the schools.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your post. I liked the conversational style best too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I think podcasting is a great idea and should be used in the classrooms.

    ReplyDelete