Sunday, November 29, 2009

PLN

Successful Teaching

I have found an educational blog entitled successful teaching. I figured this educational blog would be both interesting and a unique learning experience. I was right.

She states that her Personal Learning Network as created a lot of oppertunities. She is able to blog about useful sites she has found through her network. She created her Personal Learning Network through many sites; twitter, skype, wiki, andplurk, are to name a few.

Most of her posts consists of ways to your students and keep them interested. One post in paticular that I have found very useful. It is entitled Lessons "I've learned from Knitting'. She writes, "Many times I look at a pattern and feel overwhelmed, yet I really want to make the item that looks so cool in the picture. I decide to try it because what is the worst thing that can happen? Then I find out it really wasn’t that hard and if I had given up before I started, I would never have found this out. Maybe that is the way my lessons appear to my students. My explanation may sound more difficult than it really is so I have to be careful about overwhelming them. I need to find ways to simplify what I’m teaching and then when they understand the concept, I can go into more detail"

She goes on to share that it is important to make sure your students correct problems as soon as possible so they don't have to "rip it out and start all over."

Keeping it simple, making sure things a corrected early, and not agnozing over mistakes are great tips I've have learned from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment