Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Networked Student

Wendy Drexler's "The Networked Student," is a video clip about connectivism. The narrated story gives examples on how technology can work in the educational system. Wendy suggest that students can use different social networking sites and manage them through a reader. This would provide an organizational tool and help broaden Internet knowledge. They could then visually connect with other classmates through programs such as skype. Skype would provide a more convenient way to communicate.
photo credit

The movie states an interesting point of view on what on online teacher actually does. They say that he/she is a synthesizer, change agent, learning architect, modeler, networker, and a connective learning incubator. I believe an online teacher is there to help you whenever you need it versus there whenever everyone else needs it. To elaborate, when a student needs help about subject he/she can write an email to his/her teacher. The teacher can have more time to personalize their response to fit that specific student's needs than in a classroom setting.


At this moment, I am not prepared to be a "network" teacher. I am not familiar with too much technology. I have never even been interested in an iPod. This class is teaching me new things that I believe will be useful to me in the future. I am sure throughout my years of teaching, I will gain a lot more experience with Technology and then I could say, I am prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment